About Me

My photo
Hello everyone and welcome to my Beer 365 Project! Here I will enjoy and review a beer every day for a year. You can look forward to reviews of many different beers, brewery trips, and more!

Day 007/365: Red Stripe Jamaican Lager - Featuring a Guest Reviewer!

Brewery: Red Stripe
Style: Jamaican Lager
Origin: Jamaica

Overall: B

I would love to welcome a guest second opinion today, my father, Joe! As for my opinion, Red Stripe is far from unique. An unmistakably traditional lager, this brew is easy drinking and light. Not my favorite, but good for what it was meant to be. Read on for more on the beer by me and my guest!


Aroma: B Opens clean and crisp with the soft aroma of hops. It is a very mild aroma, nothing overpowering or original.

Taste & Mouth Feel:  B This brew is well carbonated and opens with a mild hoppy flavor. The terms I can use to best describe this brew is simply as a "traditional lager". The beer finishes with a mellow sweetness. This is a very smooth and drinkable beer, but not unique by  along shot.

Color: C Pours a pale golden hue with an almost non-existant head.

Introducing Second Opinions! I hope you enjoy this review by my dad, Joe. He writes:

I want to thank Matt for asking me to be a guest taster today. I have been following the Beer365Project and have been a little bit jealous of his beer tasting adventure. I love a good beer and I'm glad he asked me to join him in a pint of Red Stripe today!
 Review:

Aroma: B- Light with a slight hop aroma.

Taste &Mouth Feel: C From the moment I started pouring this Jamaican lager into the glass it reminded me of a mass produced American lager. It had that classic pale golden color and white head. The taste was very light, clean and crisp with a medium dry mouthfeel. It had a slight hoppy taste and I was pleasantly surprised that it had no bitterness like some American lagers. I think this would be a nice lager to drink after round of golf or while eating some wings.
What I didn't like about this lager was that it lacked complexity. I prefer a lager with a little more character.

Color: B- Very pale golden color with a white head that vanished quickly. Also, it had a good amount of carbonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment