About Me

My photo
Hello everyone and welcome to my Beer 365 Project! Here I will enjoy and review a beer every day for a year. You can look forward to reviews of many different beers, brewery trips, and more!

Day 004/365: Oskar Blues Brewery Mama's Little Yella Pils


Brewery: Oskar Blues Brewery (Colorado)
Style: Mama's Little Yella Pils (Czech Style Pilsner)

Overall: B

I was browsing the beer aisle at my local Total Wine when this brew caught my eye. Made in Colorado and marked as a Czech style pilsner I said, “Why not?”. I am glad decided to pick this beer up. I am not a huge fan of beers flavored with a lot of hops but this brew is refreshing with delightful citrus notes. Never again will I look at a canned beer and assume that it is not just as good as it's bottled brethren.


Aroma: C+ This canned selection opens up to a crisp, classic pilser aroma. A hint of citrus leads the nose followed by a moderate scent of hops. If you were just to imagine the aroma of a classic beer, this is it.

Taste & Mouth Feel: B This bright and refreshing brew hits the tongue with a mild effervescence and a perfectly balanced amount of hops. As the hop flavor lingers, mellow citrus notes appear that add a refreshing clean flavor making this a good summer beer.

Color: B Pours a hazy golden yellow with a fluffy head. It's a great looking beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment